
My bro and I celebrated Thanksgiving together, this year. He is in Portland, ME, and since I moved to Peterborough, NH in late June, this seemed like the best option. John went home since all of his grandparents would be there, but I didn't feel like making the 10 hour trek both ways for four short days, and plus, the idea of Matt and I cooking T-giving dinner and going to Portland (only 2 1/2 hours away) was very appealing. Here's a pic of Matt getting serious about the dinner that we prepared.
It was a quiet thanksgiving, to say the least. But not too quiet, with two dogs and a cat around.



Here is Clancy on the left, Murphy on the right, and yes, Puss-puss in the middle. It was great having so many pets around, sans the hair.
Matt made the turkey, which came out quite well, the stuffing and mashed potatoes, while I made the pumpkin pie, baked cream corn and cranberry sauce. A meal fit for 10 kings, only for two!


Good, good stuff. John and I are still eating the leftovers. We also took several dog walks around the back bay, and hit a couple of spots in Portland, including
Portland Pie, at their new location and
Rira's Irish Pub, where I tried my first port wine. It was a good weekend. But the best is yet to come....
1 comment:
Cute dogs!
Post a Comment