I made quite a few knitted gifts at Christmas, but didn't get around to making Noah a hat. I had knitted one for Fiona for her birthday, and then one for my mom at Christmas, so when I heard that Noah had said "Why hasn't Aunt Heidi made me a hat?" that made me very happy. Noah is a creative, super-smart, intense little boy and my feeling was that his appreciation of this gift would go up 5 fold if I waited. So for his birthday, I finally made him his hat. Here is how it turned out, which I was really, really pleased with.
Once again, from the book Last Minute Knitted Gifts, what is still my favorite of all knitting books. I thought that the army green with the orange was just precious. My sister left me a message on my phone saying that when he opened his package (which also included a kid's gardening book), he immediately put the hat on and had the goofiest smile on his face. This made my week.
And here's the other one, sporting her hat at Grammy and Gramp's house. Too good.
1 comment:
Post a Comment