Saturday, September 29, 2007

New friends and old friends

Having good friends is so important. I feel really lucky that I have my best friend, Katcha, around to talk to on the phone and visit from time to time. In knowing my thirst for justice and detail, she bought this pocket constitution for me to be able to carry around to refer to. For one thing, who doesn't absolutely love getting packages in the mail? So when it arrived, I was ecstatic. I will use it for years to come.

But I'm also grateful for new friends that I am making here in my new New Hampshire hometown. I've met a woman named Delilah at Intermezzo and we work together most days. She has boundless energy and has a magical knack of being able to find the best things for free. I went to work recently and she made me close my eyes, telling me that she had a gift for me. She pulls out this John Travolta album, which made me totally crack up. Peterborough has one of the most progressive recycling centers that I've ever seen, complete with a 'free store' where Peterborough residents can donate and shop. Delilah picked up these two albums for me, not long after hanging out one night listening to records at my place. She affectionately calls the recycling center and free store 'the dump', as in, 'I'm taking the kids shopping at the dump today'. Too funny. This album cracked me up, threw me back to the late 70's/early 80's and made me feel all fuzzy inside, having people think about me in the off times. What's more important than good friends?

No comments: